Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Brain is Alive (Review)


Charles Hamilton- My Brain is Alive

Rating:    6.0/10.0

Review
So this is the latest mixtape by Harlem rapper Charles Hamilton (even though he'll probably drop a new one by the time this post is over). So first off, mad props to the dude for droppin so much music so quickly and for free online. Personally I'm a huge fan of his work and can really relate to him as an artist. This mixtape however does seem to lack some of the qualities that I enjoyed in his previous mixtapes. Charles is the kind of guy who really isn't afraid to go outside of his boundaries, and is always trying to do something new with his music. Even though a lot of tracks on here are unique, I really cannot say that I dig them all. The production is pretty chilled out throughout the whole album, but most of the songs seem "forgettable". I can't really see myself playin this album over and over while I'm cruisin around and stuff like I could with a few of his other mixtapes. I'll probably throw one or two of the tracks on a mixed CD or somethin though, no doubt. Couple of real dope tracks, but a couple of songs that you just skip past. Some of his bars are real dope but the songs are really too close on the borderline of "chilled out" and "boring"to get a really high score. Favorite song has to be "Every Now and Then", while "Something" is the least favorite.

Recommendation: 
Download it. It's free haha.

Top Tracks:
1. Pleasant Overthinking
5. Cali Oriental
8. truth kills opposition (Love TKO)
9. Every Now and Then





Dig It.

~Mr. Bubbles



No comments: